Mental Health & Wellness
Everyone has bad days. But when the bad days happen more often than the good days, please reach out for help. You are not alone.
Signs that you or someone you know may be experiencing anxiety or depression include but are not limited to, constant sadness and nervousness, loss of interest in things they once enjoyed, restlessness, irritability, unusual sleep schedule, changes in eating eating habits, etc.
Finger Lakes Rural Health Network provides a variety of support outlets to uplift those affected by mental health concerns.
If you are thinking of harming yourself or others, or know someone who is, please call 911.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255 - We are available 24 hours/day every day to listen and help.
- Allegany County Crisis Hotline: 1-888-448-3367 - Allegany County Suicide Prevention Coalition.
- For 24/7 crisis services, please call your county crisis line:
- Genesee County - (585) 343-1212
- Livingston County - 211
- Monroe County - (585) 275-5151
- Orleans County - (800) 889-1903
- Wayne County - 211
- Wyoming County - (585) 786-0220
- Livingston County Mobile Integration Team
Talking Saves Lives
This is what you can do if you know someone who is struggling: Talk Saves Lives: An Introduction to Suicide Prevention.
The Society for the Prevention of Teen Suicide has information for parents, friends, and coaches of young adults from middle school through college. It will help you recognize the warning signs and talk to your kids.
Your home should be a safe place. You should be able to close your eyes without fear. But sometimes the behavior of our family members, who are struggling with their own issues, can become harmful rather than loving. Here are some places that can help.
- Domestic Violence - The National Domestic Violence Hotline provides free help to victims and survivors at any time of day or night. You can chat with them on their website, which has a quick exit button
- Healing through Education Advocacy and Law
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Domestic Violence Services in the Finger Lakes Region
- Elder Abuse - includes physical, emotional, or sexual harm inflicted upon an older adult, their financial exploitation, or neglect of their welfare by people who are directly responsible for their care.
- National Institute on Aging
- National Center on Elder Abuse: 1-855-500-3537 (toll-free)